Saturday, January 23, 2010

UP

For 2 years now I've been trying to get Felicity to watch TV. Not alot of TV, our kids don't really watch alot, but just one or two shows a day maybe. Just enough for me to get a few things done while she's mesmerized and not getting into trouble. However, she's never liked TV. Forget it, no Barney, Wiggles, Wonder Pets, Backyardigans, none of the shows that my others have liked. Then for Christmas Santa brought us Disney's UP. Ally and Reece had seen in in the theater with Nana, but the rest of us hadn't. I cried like a baby within the first 15 minutes, it's just a wonderful, magical movie!

So a couple of weeks ago Felicity asked to watch "Up". We put it on and she sat still for about half of the movie. We were dumbstruck! At one point I was like, "omg where's Felicity?!!" and realized she was still on the couch. What a wonderful thing! She asks every single day now to watch it, and although we don't put it on every day, I sure do save it up to use when I need it. With a creative, ambitious (mischievous) child like Felicity, the only times I can relax a little are when she's strapped into her booster seat (not really, because she has tipped her chair over before), when she's finally asleep (but until that happens we have to go in her room a billion times because she's into everything, and when she watches "UP".

Thank you Disney.

The negative side effects: she carries the box around and keeps taking the DVDs out. It came with 4: a Blu Ray, regular DVD, and 2 more. It's only a matter of time before she destroys them so I'll probably put them away and let her have the empty box. Also, she loves the bird "Kevin" on Up and talks about her all the time, asking where she is, and she cried when the dogs captured her and when she goes off with her babies. It's such a genuine cry and it's soooo sad, but I can't not let her watch Up! She would be devastated!

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I love her... Can't wait to see what all the hype is!

    ReplyDelete