Friday, January 22, 2010

Long overdue

I've wanted to start a personal/family for years. I think I did start one way back when I heard the word "blog". I googled it to see what all the hype was, then created one, posted a few times, and never saw it again. Hmm I wonder if it's still in cyberspace somewhere??

Anyway, recently I found a site that will print your blog, what an ingenious idea! I'm having my old biz blog printed, just for sentimental purposes and it looks really cool. So then I realized I must do this for our family! I post silly stories and pictures daily on Facebook, but those will also be lost in cyberspace forever. This way I can print an annual book, and we can enjoy it as a family. I cherish all of the little details about my kids and I know that the memories will fade without reminders. It hurts my heart that I haven't documented many of the little details of the last decade, sigh.

For now I wont worry about the "look" of my new blog, I want to devote any extra time I have to posting on it. Eventually I may make it prettier.

So onto my first post. Kennedy doesn't want to go to preschool. Last Spring, after months of hearing, "I want to go to school too!", I took her for a tour and signed her up for 2 days/week for that Fall (2009). That summer she announced that she didn't want to go to preschool. For a month she insisted she was sure about this, so I UN-enrolled her. Every so often I ask her about it and she's adamant that she doesn't want to go. I explained that she should probably go next year, so that she experiences school before she starts all-day Kindergarten Fall 2011. One day recently she said, "Mama, I'm going to school when I'm bigger" and I said "Yay!". Then soon-after she resumed her resolution to never go to school. Jermaine think she will really never go. She's far to sweet and squishy to MAKE her go, I don't think I could ever walk away and leave her crying somewhere new, that's just not going to happen lol.

This evening we were snuggling on the couch watching The Wonder Pets and the episode was about a little blowfish who was afraid to go to preschool! I was so excited for Kennedy to see it. So here's how it went:

me: Aww Kennedy, look! That little fish is afraid of going to preschool like you!

Kennedy: I'm not afraid of preschool, I just don't want to go.

me: (laughing out loud) Oh ok.

Felicity: I wan go peeskool!

me: You want to go to preschool Felicity??

F: YES!!!

Why am I not surprised about this? I know for a fact that the day I drop Felicity at preschool, she'll run off and never look back. I'm thinking about letting her go in the Fall too, maybe Kennedy 3 mornings a week and Felicity 2 mornings? Not sure yet. Then I can still have some alone time with F, and also plenty of time with both girls. I know this is all 7 months away, but of course registration is soon! I hope by September she wants to go!

No comments:

Post a Comment